Thread: Fantasy Eurasia Map - Large or Multiple

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessEnthusiasm View Post
    Zhurrie,

Hi there, and welcome to the guild. I do have some questions: if the map really is just all of Eurasia, I am surprised you don't just find a normal terrain map of the region--what kind of things are you looking to have included on the map that aren't on othereds Or is it just that you're interested in having it stylistically look like a fantasy map?
    Hi Reckless,

Thanks for the questions: I looked at lots of different terrain maps (google, DG Terrain Viewer, free geo - images from space) and they just dont have the look I want. I dont want a simple colored fractional map with that kind of accuracy; I am looking more for a gaming - fictional looking map. Like a Forgotten Realms Map. It may be I am an old dungeons and dragons gamer that is nostalgic for the old days, lol. I tried making a few myself but they just look cheesy to me so I thought I would see if someone with real skillz would like to try it. I see a lot out there of fictional places that I like just nothing based on planet earth.

~ Z
    Last edited by Zhurrie; 09-02-2010 at 08:19 PM.
    What your still mad about that?!

Visit my world if you dare: www.empiresofthesands.com

I have been roaming around the website and found a few more examples that are closer to what I am looking for , nicely done BTW; not sure Ill ever be that skilled!

I think the parts that I like in both examples are the individual looking trees, nice coloring & shading and scale:

Voradin

Vaniya

Also , I have been thinking maybe it would be better to start with a smaller area, maybe just Italy, India, China or UK .. dealers choice
    What your still mad about that?!

Visit my world if you dare: www.empiresofthesands.com