Thread: Fantasy Eurasia Map - Large or Multiple

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hmm, maybe he means 1 pixel = 200km but then that would still be like almost 265,000 pixels wide? That's still too many, I think, for my PC. Maybe I'm not doing the math right either.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

A vector map could be zoomable to this extent with no problem whatsoever.

And your math is wrong as well. The size of Eurasia is 52.990.000 SQUARE kilometers. The width of the continent is about 12.000 kilometers. This works out to 60 inches (each 200 km), at 300 dpi this would result in a pic of 18.000 pix wide. Which is manageable.
    Last edited by Fransie; 09-01-2010 at 04:19 AM.

Default Size matters! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fransie View Post
    A vector map could be zoomable to this extent with no problem whatsoever.

And your math is wrong as well. The size of Eurasia is 52.990.000 SQUARE kilometers. The width of the continent is about 12.000 kilometers. This works out to 60 inches (each 200 km), at 300 dpi this would result in a pic of 18.000 pix wide. Which is manageable.

Even said, if 18K pix poses a problem, I am fine with splitting the map into sections as long as it lines up when printed out or displayed on side by side screens, and the theme remains constant or even starting with a smaller map say 4K Pix wide. Depends on how much time the Cartographer has ... If you are interested let me know, I am sure we can find a solution.
    Last edited by Zhurrie; 09-03-2010 at 03:52 PM.
    What your still mad about that?!

Visit my world if you dare: www.empiresofthesands.com