I received a very cordial welcome from this board, so I hope that I can participate in some way by sharing what I'm working on.

Armithrea is a dream world, literally. One of those once in a life time, holy-cow-I-remember-everything dreams. The people, the political system, the hows and whys of their history, everything. I've been trying to do justice to the dream for four years now. This is the first large-scale map I've attempted in any format, and I apologize for the quality, as scanners are not terribly kind to pencils, especially when trying to stitch together a very large picture on a very small scanner.

The subcontinent is isolated, geographically and culturally. There is a single ruling family in the capital, but the nation was strung together out of very disparate families. The four major Thrones each preside over smaller Houses, and the Firsts of the Thrones and Houses form the Hamaika, the Eleven, with the King acting as arbiter. To the east of the mountains reside a nomadic people that move throughout their territories in a cyclical pattern, much like the kula ring of the Trobriand islands near Papua New Guinea. Their contact with the Armithrean subcontinent is unfortunately often aggressive.

My hesitation with this map is in representation; I am unsure how to proceed with symbolically presenting grasslands, for example, since I cannot simply colour it in with a lighter green. The work is obviously unfinished, and my thanks for any comments or suggestions that you might provide.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	armithrea.png 
Views:	192 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	28827