Quote Originally Posted by Gwyddion23 View Post
Yea, so I've searched high and low here. I find absolutely NOTHING regarding the actualy HAND drawing of maps. Old school style. I want to make a town encounter map, but I need to know some mapping conventions. Advice on drawing a map in general is also welcome. I can draw a map, but not a good one.

It's odd that everything I've come across if for some sort of mapmaking with SOFTWARE. Has everyone abandoned the old, faithful graphite for their mapping needs? Not just for CONCEPT either. But an actualy use-in-play map drawn manually?
Look in the tutorial section. delgondahntelius posted a hand draw map tutorial including some advice on pencils/inks as well as covering most major geographical features. of course, this was for a region. I also know there are a few more by other artists in the Finished Maps section which would point back to the wip in progress. delgondahntelius also posted a hand drawn sketch of an featured map of a small town as the first phase of his work in progress before scanning and switching to computer for coloring. The main reason "I" draw on the computer instead of by hand is that I have issues with hand cramps when writing and undo is a MUCH easier than erasing(especially when I undo a lot). Plus it's easier to do in bits and remember where I left it.