mearrin69:
I'm also ok with 32x32

as for the reason. I'm your typical IT nerd and I just like powers of 2 besides those size makes it easier for software like photoshop or corel to scale them up or down. So besides emotional value it is practical to make tiles that size

And not a video game but OpenRPG it's software to make RPG over the net easier. so far I'm just scribbling my maps on whiteboard and they look like someone rubbed grass over MSPaint and this does not look good for the eye if you can imagine

Jaxilon:
You mention wanting tiles for at least 4 different settings. In my mind, creating tiles for buildings could never end because they are always different. Also, building tiles take some thought in how to make pieces fit together from any direction. There are only a couple around here that I know of who have done this. Most of us paint a map from an overall picture in our mind or inspired from something else. I doubt we spend much time thinking, 'oh hey, if I make this piece of concrete equal on all sides I can tile it out to fill the entire sidewalk'. That's kind of more like being an assembly line artist than a map maker. So in that you are looking for a certain way of thinking (ie. Someone who just wants to make a pretty map isn't going to want to do this.)
First off map tiles are divided on how they react with each other floor tiles for example "floor tiles" need to connect from all 4 directions. "wall tiles" only from 2 directions. "object tiles" don't have to connect at all because they represent an object like a hole in the street, a car or dead body.

Second yes indeed they do need some thought but on this forum I am surrounded by people who are not only talented but also intelligent and have a passion for what they are doing so I don't believe that will be a problem.

Third I am more interested in encounter maps where my players will face off against cyber-psyhos or Solos that came for their lifes and not an overall map for entire city. I want to give my players accurate representation of environment they are fighting in and make it pleasant for the eye. To do that I have to be able to make new battlefields all the time so they don't fall into routine.

Fourth. I don't agree with statement about "assembly line artist". We are all humans and we all stick to some patterns. Tiles are nothing else then quantified patterns that allow for flexible way of quickly generating maps. if you embrace patters and "Edit>>Define pattern..." tool in photoshop you can make large portions of your painting with putting only fraction amount of effort witch in turn will allow you to put more effort into making look more realistic.

So, I too would like to say sorry for not posting anything before but it seemed to me like a really big project that I was unsure about attempting.
Don't be sorry you just misunderstood my intentions and it's partially my fault for not explaining. My first step here was not to find artist that would do what I want but get an artist interested in this at all. if I get anyone to say "this is interesting but I don't know if I can do it" I at least have something to work with and take active action in this process. While when no one talks to me at all I can't do anything besides sitting on my butt and waiting fruitlessly.

Also, if you think about wanting 4 different areas ("Slums", "downtown", "suburbs"and “corporate sectors" ) - and if these were just say battlemaps - that would be 4 maps for 100 bucks or 25 each. Making tiles to create those 4 maps in an endless variety is going to take a lot more work in my opinion. It is a worthy project and would be great to see once it's done. I would even be interested in using it myself.
I'm glad that I provoked that thought ^_^ yes indeed if these were 4 battle maps I would pay 100$ for them and my friend could only play these 4 maps over and over again and this is not fun at all I sure you will agree with me on this one. I want to avoid this. I wan't my players and friends have as much fun out of this as possible and as far as I know only "Tile system" will allow me for that. Now working on tiles that are 32x32 pixels requres some thought but besides that it boils down to tiles that are called "fill" "edge" and "corner" and "reversed corner". If you have only two kinds of tiles for ex. "sidewalk" and "street" then you need one "fill" for both 4 "edges" 4 "corners" and 4 "reversed cornes" so thats grand total of 13 tiles and this is 80% of the encounter map. so in total there is less work but more thinking involved.