Thank you for your reply
Maybe i could try to work with more layers, usually i try to keep the # of layers low... but if you say it's usual to work with 100 layers, i will try
It could be a viable solution, i think...
What you say about naming convention is true, and moreover the font often is different. Separating layers for different names in regions it's a good idea.
I will check your method, considering that if i put each region on its own layer i can even *move* it, thing that is impossible the way i am working now. It's not so crazy to "move" a region because there are some elements that are movable (lakes, islands, group of islands, and so on...).
It could be also a good idea to give regions a different colour (even if lightly coloured) instead of a border, at least for the "work in progress".
This could be more manageable than "classic" borders... and i could remove them later, still having a visually good map in the meanwhile...
(sorry for my english, but i realized that it's not so easy to speak of arguments that are new to me... my english comes from IT environments and the terms are quite different!)
Thank you