Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sheinar - by a2area

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member
    Blog Entries

What a wonderfully gorgeous map!

The earth tone of the buildings provides a very nice contrast to the green of the surrounding countryside. The dark water looks great, again due to the contrast it provides for the human eye seeking to absorb this thing.

You have skimped on the use of text, and the text doesn't dominate the visual. This is a prime example of where less equaled more. Very nice touch!

The buildings are primarily roofs, with the focus on the geometric shapes, rather than on the details of the buildings, themselves. This is the driving brainstorm behind this artistic masterpiece. Truly, the buildings are a visual extravaganza, a feast for the eyes!

The harbors come across as largely bare. The plain roofs don't work as well, there. A ship or three would have added visual interest to that segment of the map, but in all honesty, that's merely an exercise in nitpicking. This map exceeds the value of its individual parts to the degree that no criticism of it really sticks, for when all is said and done, what is there to complain about? It's a beautiful map, and on that charge, there can be no contestation of note or consequence.

The green spaces inter-spliced with the buildings yields a more believable end product. Grass, trees, and bushes with such little detail. but yet, with detail from green space to green space. It all adds up and fuels the engine of success for this baby of a map.

Zoomed in, the font work really works nicely on this map. It fits the map to a tee.

The Sun Chamber I'm not a fan of. The shiny aspect of the domes on it are the issue with it for me, and not so much the shape of the domes. They remind me of buttons or snaps placed on an otherwise nearly flawless map.

I don't care for the compass rose, but the quality of the overall map is so high, that it utterly dwarfs the existence of the compass rose, thereby rendering it to be a complain of no substantial and lasting consequence.

All in all, I have much admiration for this map!

I'm just flipping through maps, but this one is insane! a masterpiece, nice work!

This is stunning, and unique! I can't decide whether I like the zoomed out aeriel view where the whole complex layout is visible, or zooming in and looking at the detailing of the fields, the walls, the stylistic buildings, etc, better. It kind of has a 'patchwork quilt' vibe, though more substantial and with a purpose. It's a city one can really visualize visiting all the places portrayed and walking around in.

I love the colors! Well done!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Such a beautiful map !!! So much details, and looking so real !!!

Marvelous work !!

Thanks for sharing !

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345