Now thanks to Pyrandon's awesome tutorial I think I am ready to post something for real I realized pretty quickly that CC3 is a little too "linear" for me. Meaning I also prefer the "artistic" style. After a few hours of reading (just about everything in the tutorial section which is just fantastic!!) and cozying up to my screen for the last few hours this is what I have so far. As you can see I've marked areas for the actual city as well as for Castle Shendenflar which predates the city hence the other wall. Here's a quick key

Purple=City Walls
Green=Primary Roads
Black=Castle Walls

I have a issue. 1.I like the way the basic shape of the rivers and the lake shore turned out however I am having a problem getting the delineation of the water depths right. The main river is fairly deep so the color is ok. The smaller river is shallow as is the water along the immediate lake shore. I'm not sure if I'm using the wrong tool but it looks to me like "something" is flowing into the lake like sediment. I'm sure that's not my ONLY issue but it's the one that's really bothering me at the moment. Any advice criticism or feedback would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Riverhewn phase 1.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	388.8 KB 
ID:	29076