Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DeadClock7 request

Alrighty, I hadn't really been thinking of what sort of trees to put on this because I wasn't sure you wanted any since the example didn't really have them. So, I fiddled around, learned some new things and I think I'm pretty happy with way these forests turned out. Of course, they may not be anything like what you envisioned so let me know if we need to make any changes or built them up more.

If you want I can create a layer with just the colored borders but if you have other borderlines you need you won't care about that. The only thing I was thinking is that then you can take the two images and pull them into Gimp or whatever and mess with them all you want.

Hehe, looks like I missed a couple rivers. I'll catch those next round. I do think they look a little better with the bevel. I wouldn't have thought that a 1 point bevel would do much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HelpOut.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	3.59 MB 
ID:	29200  
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 09-13-2010 at 01:15 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

its here at a website, i used try font, http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/detail.htm?pid=4659121.

and try some diffent ways for trees, or make em blend with the enviroment around them, these look great.

Jaxilon - I gotta say, you have a lot more patience than I would. Rep for long-suffering.

What do you mean when you say "different ways for trees or make them blend with the environment"? Do you mean you want them to be less noticeable or more variable in their color to indicate different environments?

@ Reckless Enthusiasm -

Question: is the Desert too bright?

I think trees are almost as much hassle as mountains although I'm pretty happy with how the mountains turned out. I think they may be my best ones so far.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

A pillow emboss often does nice things for rivers, even at very small sizes. Like Torq's Practice Map. I think he also used the same technique on his map of Groam.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I've gotta say, I really really liked the political colors you had going in the map in post #8. What about labelling that one with names, etc, and having the terrain version separate?

Couldn't resist playing around with the forests and mountains and I'm thinking I'm getting somewhere because I'm pretty excited to post this next one. Hopefully, they don't suck but I'll take all the C&C I can get.

I can put the political colors back on at any time since they are on a layer. I may just create a labeled version for my portfolio. I need practice making labels as I've done very little of it.

Here it is. I think we are on the home stretch with this one.

Edit: Added the Borders version Diamond liked You may notice it has the name labeled. This is not the same font you were using because your's was one you need to pay for and I'm not forking out cash on fonts atm. The closest I had is the "King & Queen's" font (I think that's the name) as you can see here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HelpOut.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	3.75 MB 
ID:	29218   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HelpOutBorders.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	3.65 MB 
ID:	29220  
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 09-13-2010 at 07:34 PM.

I like these trees, just make the ones in the north dissapear graduly and they will be perfect, nice job.
    Ima gona put cities and roads on a draft and you can finalize those.
    Thanks.

Is this map, like, over, or some big project you working on?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast