Thread: New York Monsters???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks guys!
    @mearrin & Jax - Yup, indeedy, King Kong was the easy one, and already on my list !

@RE - I'm not a spiderman officianado I'm afraid, I'll have to check up on the baddies there, cheers.

@rdanhenry
    The Daleks from the Dr Who series I had down as being at the Empire State Building, which I gather was where they were up to no good (as usual) - I'll have to search a bit deeper to find where else they are associated.

That's the problem really. Someone has already noted how freaking BIG New York is for mapping so I kinda need important places where monsters have either done damage or dwelt or been associated with in some manner.
    King Kong is an easy one - the fight against the planes on the Empire State is almost iconic.
    The Q beast was rather small and only really snatched nekkid wimmin and the like - I think - but it lived in the Chrysler Building so that can be drawn at least.
    The C.H.U.D - which I confess I have never heard of, look rather too small to damage anything building sized and seemingly lived in the sewers, so no particular place to associate them with. That's tricky to depict.
    However, The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms sounds excellent - now I'm just off to find where Coney Island is!!!

I probably have enough to do something with, it might be better with more... we'll have to see! In the meantime, this is a very quick and rough sketch idea for Mr Cloverfield giving the Brooklyn Bridge the old "once over" as an example of the sort of thing I was going to put on such a map...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brooklyn.png 
Views:	757 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	29320
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crayons View Post
    In the meantime, this is a very quick and rough sketch idea for Mr Cloverfield giving the Brooklyn Bridge the old "once over" as an example of the sort of thing I was going to put on such a map...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brooklyn.png 
Views:	757 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	29320

omg I almost peed my pants from laughing so hard, that's bloody brilliant!!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."