Thread: Hello All!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

That's a wicked site and one you should add to the resources section if you haven't already. There's a thread in there about texture sources so do post.

I made a thread about making textures seamless here:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ut-of-anything

which has a free script using ImageMagick so you can automatically try it on all of yours and see which ones worked out ok. RobA converted the guts of the script into a GIMP plug in so there's one or two threads on that too - his sig has the links I believe.

I like the CGTextures site which is similar but we found that their license prevented the use of the textures in CC licensed works so I still use them but I can do a lot of what I want with those textures now.

Guild Novice

Ok thanks! I'll be sure to post it in the thread. I am going to hunt around for that Gimp plugin; I am always working on seamless stuff and something better then Gimp's standard filter would be awesome. Lately, I have been using Genetica for decent results. Made some ok seamless grass and brick. My next thing to work on is some wood I think.

CGTextures is a great site; they have tons and tons of stuff. I've talked to the guy that runs it and it is true that he likes to 'tighten down' his textures a little more with paid licensing and bandwidth limits, etc.
    My textures, brushes, and design repository: http://www.texturemate.com

Blog Entries

What a wonderful site. Have some reputation and welcome to the guild.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt