Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: September-October Challenge: Favorite Sites of "Nasties" in NY Moviedom

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

what about Jason Takes Manhattan ? (joke sort of)..

I've got Jason slated for a possible appearance in Time Square - space allowing! Not to worry.

Time Warner Center - a revisit. The TW Center strikes me as a rather curious aspect of the film. We discover that whatsit's girlfriend is in trouble there fairly early on in the film and it would appear that the Cloverfield monster made a specific early visit to the Central Park area before coming back and hassling people further south again. Rather curious. However, such is it with movies and I don't expect a debate on the issue is likely to resolve this imponderable!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	timewarner2.png 
Views:	736 
Size:	344.2 KB 
ID:	29868

I'm not fully au fait with americanisms, so "Well Shoot!" is my attempt at a mild american exclamation ... along the lines of "Well, crikey!" in the UK. Can anyone suggest a better word or expression? I'd like to keep this clean and more relevant to the locale?
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Blog Entries

Here's a picture that illustrates why I call him the "stilt monster". He has a very unconventional limb arrangement.... not at all like a guy in a monster suit. I think the creatures in the remake of "The Fog" borrowed from that.

http://api.ning.com/files/tsZ4XiJwZ*...er_by_Doki.jpg
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Yeah, I know, he's an ugly sort of chap... I've looked at no end of images on the web and I have the movie on DVD.
    I'm being lberal with artistic license here mainly because he's more comical as a humanoid form where his stance/attitude is more recognisable. Old "stilty" is rather too pug ugly to attempt a comical aspect - well for me anyway. I've given him a fairly gangly frame (to go with his pot belly) and made some compromise to get his face "similar". The movie monster has big ugly lobes on the back of his head - which I've removed as confusing - and small eyes (relatively) which I've made larger as is usual in cartoons...

Now I need something for Jason to say... hrm...

Name:	timesquare2.png 
Views:	255 
Size:	493.4 KB 
ID:	29870

this one may get some cropping during layout - it may also be smaller than the others... it's rather crowded in that region of Manhattan for some reason...
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crayons View Post
    Now I need something for Jason to say... hrm...
    Maybe something about trying out for the NY Rangers?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Possibly! Could I get away with just calling them "Rangers" as in "Where can I try out for the Rangers?"
    Perhaps a bit too long really. Maybe something like "Got any spare limbs??"

Anyhoo.. some more bits

The MIB HQ - not damaged but plenty of aliens...

Name:	brooklyn batt tunnel2.png 
Views:	673 
Size:	331.0 KB 
ID:	29904

and the MetLife building after a walk-thru by Godzilla

Name:	metlife3.png 
Views:	502 
Size:	448.8 KB 
ID:	29905
    --

My Finished Stuff

Can't wait 'till you set the whole piece together... And did Godzilla jump trough the building?

Quote Originally Posted by Marken4 View Post
    Can't wait 'till you set the whole piece together... And did Godzilla jump trough the building?
    If I'm honest, I'm also keen to start sticking this together! It's getting a bit onerous doing all these! However, there are still 7 more cartoons needed! Ugh.
    As a side note, I've deleted the "War of the Worlds" Athens NY ferry scene. There is no real ferry at Athens it was all mocked up. There really has to be something "visitable" for this map to work, to my mind.

The film doesn't actually show Godzilla and the MetLife building together, you just get a pan shot of the building sometime after the event and it's just a sort of oval hole rather improbably through it. I'd kinda imagine the thing would collapse with that degree of damage. Anyway, artistic "cartoony" license allows me to use the old cliche of leaving his silhoutte behind... ha ha erm... well...
    Anyway
    Even more stuff, not terribly exciting but to my mind they qualify and need representation even in smallish images... tbd

Flushing Meadow vs the Bug in MIB 1

Name:	flushing meadow.png 
Views:	264 
Size:	478.2 KB 
ID:	29944

The Rosenberg Jewellers from MIB 1

Name:	54macdougal jewellers.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	180.4 KB 
ID:	29947

Ben's Pizza Place - where "The Light of Zartha" worked

Name:	bens pizza.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	29946
    I don't really have an alien worthy of sketching for this... might have to think a bit more here

The Guggenheim Museum - where the "Perpetrator" in MIB 1 jumps/climbs up

Name:	guggenheim.png 
Views:	325 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	29945
    --

My Finished Stuff

Looks really great.... I could never beat this one, so no need entering x)

Go for it anyway! We need more maps!!!
    --

My Finished Stuff

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast