Thread: Rotating Madness - with HUGE appologies to Djekspek

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hussar - looks cool - hope you have lots of fun confounding your players

Talroth - that reminds of of "Tesseract" a cube where you also walked on ceilings and walls depending on which doors you pass through, in that however you might see furniture on "the ceiling" if you entered the room by the wrong route - which would make taking the treasure (which has a different up from your down - gravity reversed) very difficult.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

The funny thing is, and I didn't realize this until after I made the map, is that solving the "puzzle" is ridiculously easy.

Wait in the entry room, until the first rotation then head straight into the center before things rotate a second time.

If the PC's don't do this, they'll be wandering for a LONG time.

But it took actually rotating the map for me to realize this. Somehow, with fog of war on and the like, I doubt that the players will have an easy time of it.

A few issues - memory for these maps are a bear. 500 k per map is a lot for a VTT game. I hope it works. Also, it means that I have to have eight times as much furniture and the like on the map as I normally would. I wish that Maptools would allow you to set minis for being automatically placed the way you can in OpenRPG. I think I might just have a thirty second break every rotation and move furniture from the library to whatever room they happen to be in just to save memory.