Thread: Tutorial Maps

Wip Tutorial Maps

Hello guys (and gals) I've been lurking around here for few days, and now I decided to post something.

Since I'm new to cartography and drawing maps of any kind i decided to make a map using each of the tutorials found around here.

for starters, i wanted to try making a map using that Zombie Nirvana guy's tutorial (forgot his name xD) on youtube. so here's half-finished map of some city-to-be for you to comment and criticize

I've just started on the buildings so if you have any suggestions, feel free to write them down for me thx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZNGTutMap1.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	29340  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks good!! I like the "ripped parchment" style. Do the lines by the city represent water?
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Welcome and I think making a map using each of the tuts is a great idea. I will keep my eye on these to see how you get on.

yep, it will be water. if you watched the tutorials, you'd see that water is colored near the end (at least I think so).

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah, great idea...do the same map in the various tut styles. Pretty cool.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

actually ... i don't think it'll be the same map, different style .. each tutorial gets it's special and unique map. it's just to try out the tutorials and find my way around PS. and then eventually develop my own style