Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Untitled World - Mapping project

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You're making me feel guilty about not having worked on any maps in two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
    You're making me feel guilty about not having worked on any maps in two weeks.
    Haha, well I'll try to refrain from posting my now WIP region maps for the bay just under Archan's Point and for a city within that region (just to take a break from the overall map so as not to get tired of it too fast...) for a while then..

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nah, post freely.

Well alright then, I shall

Here's a WIP region map of the large bay on the western part of the second landmass (the one I'm currently working on in the main map). I'm making it antique-style, to see how the change of styles would work and if it would look any good. In my opinion, it does, which is lucky because the setting I had in mind for this world was fantasy/medieval.

I used some brushes from around this site for the mountains and trees and made my own in the same style for the hills.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldCloseMerchantCities.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	29791  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Excellent!! I love this style of map. If I had any sort of issue with it It might be the colors they seem rather intense for a map of this style..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    Excellent!! I love this style of map. If I had any sort of issue with it It might be the colors they seem rather intense for a map of this style..
    Thanks man! And yeah, that's one of my main peeves with it as well, but I don't know how else to show the boundaries of the countries while at the same time being able to distinguish between which border belongs to who.. :/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123