So I've been fascinated with maps since I was a kid. I'm now 40 and could spend hours just looking around on Google Earth. I've also started playing D&D again (1ed only, for your purists that might read this), and I'm getting into writing my own campaign. But, I find that I need something visual to help with my writing, so I've sketched out a few maps. Well, they sketches are really basic and I'd like to have something more substantial, something that would be worthy of the ink in my inkjet printer!

I have a graphics and design background, so I've been using Photoshop for years now, but the latest version I have is 7. It still does pretty much everything I need it to, but I'm also getting into Gimp which so far seems great. I've also been using Illustrator to make old-school dungeon maps. I notice some people use Gimp for the same results, but I find Illustrator easier for these types of maps, and the result is infinitely scalable (if that's something you need). I was thinking of even trying to cobble together a Illustrator tutorial if anyone would be interested.

I've been following some of the tutorials on this site and am having great success with only a few hours effort, and I really enjoy this community so far. Great people, friendly and intelligent too!

So maybe you will see a 'WIP' or even a 'tutorial' thread from me sometime soon!