Thread: "And he looked around, and saw that he was new..."

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Welcome Cartographist! It's always great to see another enthusiast join the board. After being amazed by NeonKnight's incredible creations, I'm curious to see what your handrawn pictures look like (if you feel up to posting any).

I'm sure Arcana, Ravells, and Pyrandon (wow, he posted even before I finished this) will be posting their answers to your CC question shortly, but from what I can see, Campaign Cartographer is valued because it's a specialized cad program that enables you to turn out decent maps in minutes to hours instead of tens to hundreds of hours. The basic maps that come out of it do look a bit sterile and computerized, but if you poke around the Guild, you'll find a lot of folks here who can start with a CC image, or something from the Gimp, or that city/town generator that was linked to recently and manipulate it into something amazing. One of the "themes" that runs through many of the Guild's threads is being able to turn out slick, sharp maps in a relatively small amount of time--CC can help you do that.

Good luck mapping and welcome to the Guild.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2) Due to our latest rise in popularity (site use has increased a LOT lately) we're starting to hash out how we're going to handle things like freelancer advertisements and competitive advertisements and cross-site proselytizing...More info coming soon...

1) As for CC...I've even got it listed in my sig, but its slowly starting to disappear from my radar given some of the work I've seen from some of the illustrative cartographers on here.

Welcome aboard!!!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin