Thread: Kingdom of Braegor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I used a lot of layers. Each different color is on its own layer, and stacked on top of each other. I did this to make it somewhat easier to edit.

My basic process was to draw the map and then scan it. I only drew the coastline, hills, mountains and ridges. The woodlands and rivers were added in photoshop. I scanned it and then converted it to a b/w drawing.(I guess you could scan as b/w also)

After I scanned it, I used the magic eraser tool to remove all of the "white" area leaving only the drawings. I then duplicated the layer 2x. One I named "coastline" and the other I called "mountains outlines". On the Coastline layer I deleted all of the mountains, and on the "Mountains Outline" layer I deleted the coastline. I also added a color overlay to each layer to change the color to what I wanted them to be.

I then started adding all of my background colors and shading. My trees are a brush shape that I use, and I rather like the output.

I am zipping the template and brushes and attaching here. I have all of my layers set with the effects that I use for each one. The font that I used was Sherwood which comes with either Windows or Word (Can't remember which)
    Attached Files Attached Files