Thread: [WIP] Onaviu: A Double First (First World Map and First Map with Tablet)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip [WIP] Onaviu: A Double First (First World Map and First Map with Tablet)

First, I want to throw great heaps of thanks and appreciation to Pasis for his wonderful tutorial.

As in the subject, here is a double first for me. A world map done with a tablet.

Sorry for such a large file and map. I compressed the JPEG as much as I dare without totally losing picture quality. I have since cut the map into two pieces with a 200 pixel overlap in the center. The lines are the major latlong lines I put on all world maps I create (all previous were hand drawn). These major latlongs are:

Red = Prime Meridian
    Blue = Date Line
    Green = Equator
    Yellow = northern and southern subsolar points
    Cyan = arctic and antarctic circles

I put these lines in for they show me the maximum intertropical convergent zone migration (dependent upon landforms) due to axial tilt and the maximum extent of perennial polar ice caps (although not always).

The smoke cloud was a last second edition I failed to turn off before exporting to a JPEG. However, it does show the sight of a massive caldera (super-volcano) that I had recently exploding on the Onaviu.

Thanks for any comments and criticisms.

rmfr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OnaviuPasis006.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	4.09 MB 
ID:	29813  
    Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."