Thread: Hi folks. I need to learn how to map the *entire* Spelljammer universe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Robert and welcome to the Guild. Just had a read of your Traveller sandbox tutorial and it looks like a great way to go about populating a sector (although personally I would build the information around plots). Do you have a finished sample (either Traveller or fantasy) which we can look at? I had a poke around on your blog but couldn't find one!

Regarding maps for Traveller, have you seen Isomage's sub-sector and world map generators?

(Apologies to Mac for jacking the thread, if this goes on I'll create another one).

All the best

Ravs

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Hi Robert and welcome to the Guild. Just had a read of your Traveller sandbox tutorial and it looks like a great way to go about populating a sector (although personally I would build the information around plots). Do you have a finished sample (either Traveller or fantasy) which we can look at? I had a poke around on your blog but couldn't find one!
    Not for Traveller yet. Right now I am focusing on the Fantasy Sandbox. If you go to the original post you will see at the bottom that I link to a series of other post detailing each step. The posts are linked together so you can go from step to step from the post themselves. It not finished yet but I am pretty far along and currently working on the next step which involves detailing some buildings in the main town.

Regarding maps for Traveller, have you seen Isomage's sub-sector and world map generators?
    Looks interesting thanks for sharing this.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Big Mac's Avatar

(Apologies to Mac for jacking the thread, if this goes on I'll create another one).
    Don't worry about it, Ravells. I've got Robert S. Conley joining a forum and hanging around in my "hello" thread.

And while not directly transferable to Spelljammer (because of the different mapping styles) Traveller resources are a good source of inspiration for space mapping.
    David "Big Mac" Shepheard
    New to cartography and seeking advice - eventual goal to make a large number of maps for the many worlds of the Spelljammer Campaign Setting