Thread: First World Map - Saderan Tutorial Technique

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is very cool. A good example of story driven mapping
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Well it has been on again, off again with this project and I think I am finally satisfied. I can't believe it took me two years to finally get this project done. The campaign building that goes along with this map has progressed very far in those two years but I couldn't really get any further without a completed map. I should have a political version done soon with all the relevant kingdoms, city states and countries on it. I know that the clouds are a little much but I am using them more as a fog of war effect to conceal unknown portions of the world from my players.

I only have one portion of the map incomplete. Under the label "The Maelstrom" I need an effect to represent an active magical dimensional rift / vortex of some sort. If someone could suggest a way of creating one or point me to a tutorial that might suit my needs I'd appreciate it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xodara.jpg 
Views:	903 
Size:	3.09 MB 
ID:	50094
    Last edited by bitbyter; 11-19-2012 at 11:43 PM.