Thread: Does an idea like this sound plausible

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Continued.

When the meteorite strikes the ground the effect is more magickal than physical. When the magice detonates on impact it releases vast amounts of raw magick, this will make a crater and create a physical shock wave destroying the land around it like a normal meteorite but it will also saturate the land around it with magick. The N'ther bubble will again cancel out some of the effect depending on the power of the meteorite on impact (pic 6). The bubble will also contain flying debris and dust, which will be distergrated by the magickal blast. The impact will appear as a large flash of light, an explosion and then a shockwave but there will be no massive dust cloud effects. Exact magickal effects here would vary greatly and would best be covered in another topic.

Again the N'ther bubble will contain some of the magickal energy being expelled and absorbed some of the physical stress on impact. In the case of smaller, weaker meteorites it will lead to some of the magice remaining intact that will then be embedded into the ground and naturally form into magive deposits. Some of the natural rock in the meteorite would also be preserved, normally leaving a small spire or hill in the centre of the crater (pic 7).

Hopefully I have explained all of this clearly. The explanation came to me when I was trying to explain why my capital was situated on a small mountain surrounded by an almsot perfect ring of mountains.

What do yout think?

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic 6.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	30156   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic 7.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	30157  
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...