Thread: Anyone know what happened to Dundjinni?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for that overview, Mark. I've bought FM7 some time ago (long before joining here) but never really managed to do much with it. I guess maybe I should try again...would be good for quick maps I think.

Too bad about Dundjinni...as it seemed so promising. I bought it shortly after release and made a few cool things but lamented that it was written in Java and never really performed all that well on my set-up for some reason (I assumed Java was the culprit because it crashed a lot but maybe it was something else entirely). Had a great user community as well...lots of great contributors.
    M

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    I've bought FM7 some time ago (long before joining here) but never really managed to do much with it. I guess maybe I should try again...would be good for quick maps I think.
    FM7 does a lot less than FM8. FM7 also is unable to make raster maps in Dundjinni style.

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    Too bad about Dundjinni..Had a great user community as well...lots of great contributors.
    Fortunately, that's still the case, now that the user forums are running again. However, I'd strongly urge anyone who wants to get the huge collection of objects (symbols) and textures (fills) offered there not to postpone the downloads forever. The forums could disappear again, perhaps forever.

All of the downloads offered in the forums also work in FM8. They should work in CC3 too, in principal, but I've seen postings from CC3 users saying that they have trouble in CC3 with the PNG alpha channel, causing transparent areas to turn white rather than remain transparent. Not being a CC3 user, I don't know how great or widespread a problem this might be. Some CC3 users have reported the same alpha channel problems in converting our Vintyri symbol sets for CC3. However, someone expert in CC3 will have to resolve those problems.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project