Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
you would need to:

• Uninstall Java
  • Reboot. This step is VITAL!!!!
  • install latest java from java.com

On the computers where those messages are found, if you open a command prompt and type: java -version
you will get a 'command not found' type error. Once reinstalling, if you can do the above, the MapTool jar should work without a problem.
Hi, Joe!

Right. I know those routines. On the machines with problems of which I'm aware (including two of my own), this brings the same result. And when one goes to the command line and enters java -version, one gets this message:

Windows cannot find 'java'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

The current Java version is installed. I'm aware of this issue only with 64-bit versions of Windows.

Nonetheless, on the two of my three machines that have this problem, all other Java programs run without problems. The third machine also has 64-Bit Windows 7, but RP Tools runs fine on it. However, when one goes to the command line and enters java -version, one also gets this message on that machine:

Windows cannot find 'java'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.