View Poll Results: Please vote for TWO (2) entries.

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nimmerlicht by Aelyn

3 11.11%
  • Valley of the Fey Prince by Aval Penworth

12 44.44%
  • City of Iscarleau by Avengeil

0 0%
  • The Town of Veegiay by Hai-Etlik

0 0%
  • K-City Downtown by Katto

18 66.67%
  • Ruinville by Marken4

4 14.81%
  • Ruins of Nyth Thurnil by cereth

13 48.15%
  • Priory of Saint Margaret of Antioch by geamon

3 11.11%
  • Tears Of A Dragon by jtougas

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** Voting: September/October Lite Challenge - The Town ***

Great entries-I blew it and only voted for one Guess it was my turn to fail at reading. I give brief reasons below, what I liked and how I went about eliminating those I could not vote for. In the end this one came down to the feeling I got from looking at the map.

I Voted for Geamon - It was the way it made me feel just looking at it. I think the textures were just right or something.
    Cereth would have gotten my vote I think except the folds added at the last really killed it for me.
    Katto's was awesome and I love the way he turned the roads and put down a 3d view including the base shape in the corner panel. Maybe if the buildings had a bit more variety I would have gone for this one. Best water btw.
    Aelyn's was also great and while I loved the coloring there was just too much white for me in the end.
    Aval Penworth - A gorgeous entry, dropping it down in a valley was good. Not sure I liked the page on the right with a few words though. I think I'd rather have had a bigger zoom.
    Avengeil - I really liked the garden areas with the pathway though it. The spacing seemed a bit odd to me though on the farmsteads. You might want to texture the roofs before rotating the buildings next time so the texture lines up with the roof line.

I don't claim that my critiques are expert and some of them may be woefully wrong but the bottom line is I have to do this sort of thing in order to cast a vote. I know it's crap and you all worked hard on your entries so for that reason I feel it's only right for me to let you know what happened as I looked at your entry. Good job everyone. Looking forward to more challenges!
    Hai-Etlik - I felt like I was back in my early teens playing an adventure game ala the old Atari games. I think you nailed that feel.
    Marken4 -This would work great as a player hand out I think. The others just had more detail and stuff.
    jtougas - I liked how you faded the roadways and the fields in the upper right corner are awesome. The buildings all seem to have really flat roofs and that bothers me for some reason.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Great entries-I blew it and only voted for one Guess it was my turn to fail at reading. I give brief reasons below, what I liked and how I went about eliminating those I could not vote for. In the end this one came down to the feeling I got from looking at the map.

I Voted for Geamon - It was the way it made me feel just looking at it. I think the textures were just right or something.
    Cereth would have gotten my vote I think except the folds added at the last really killed it for me.
    Katto's was awesome and I love the way he turned the roads and put down a 3d view including the base shape in the corner panel. Maybe if the buildings had a bit more variety I would have gone for this one. Best water btw.
    Aelyn's was also great and while I loved the coloring there was just too much white for me in the end.
    Aval Penworth - A gorgeous entry, dropping it down in a valley was good. Not sure I liked the page on the right with a few words though. I think I'd rather have had a bigger zoom.
    Avengeil - I really liked the garden areas with the pathway though it. The spacing seemed a bit odd to me though on the farmsteads. You might want to texture the roofs before rotating the buildings next time so the texture lines up with the roof line.

I don't claim that my critiques are expert and some of them may be woefully wrong but the bottom line is I have to do this sort of thing in order to cast a vote. I know it's crap and you all worked hard on your entries so for that reason I feel it's only right for me to let you know what happened as I looked at your entry. Good job everyone. Looking forward to more challenges!
    Hai-Etlik - I felt like I was back in my early teens playing an adventure game ala the old Atari games. I think you nailed that feel.
    Marken4 -This would work great as a player hand out I think. The others just had more detail and stuff.
    jtougas - I liked how you faded the roadways and the fields in the upper right corner are awesome. The buildings all seem to have really flat roofs and that bothers me for some reason.
    This is just the type of post that made me want to participate in the lite challenge.Speaking for me keep the comments coming Jaxilon.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

My votes will have to go to:

Katto for K-City. Not normally my style of map, ya know computery 3-D. I'm more a traditional grungy type guy - but this map is way too cool to let slip by. I don't know whats involved in something like this, but it looks like it was a ton of work.

And following the trend, cereth - georgous. I agree with whomever said the folds were a bit much. They were distracting. But the map itself blends those faded colors perfectly.

I was soo close to voting for Aelyns map, something about the feel just looks good. And Aval I loved yours as well. Cool green textures from gaemon, and jtougas, love the compass rose and the farm in the top right. Good stuff there.

I have also been focused on the NY map, so I haven't frequented the developement of these. But nice work guys.

I voted on:

* Katto for K-City since I think its nice to see it both in 3D and as a normal map. It's not something you see here usually and I like it.
    and
    *Cereth for the same reasons as RjBeals stated before me.
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Note to self, no more folds.

I voted for Katto and Aelyn.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Congratulations to Katto for a decisive win and to all for a great crop of entries. Well done!

I actually ended up in fourth place O_o Thanks folks

Thank you for the votes and the rep! I have something to polish now...

Congrats Katto.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Grats man!!
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast