Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I make mountains blend into the grassland in CC3?

OK, the first thing I see, is some of the mountains that should be 'behind' other mountains are actually in front of them. CC3 works by placing symbols in a TOP -> DOWN/BACK -> FRONT order. To do this quickly, simply FREEZE all layers but the MOUNTAINS layer (where the SYMBOLS for the Mountains should be located. Then from the drop down menus select SYMBOLS -> SORT SYMBOLS IN MAP, then select all the mountains and choose OK. This will allow the software to place the symbols in the TOP -> DOWN/BACK -> FRONT order.

To make you rivers (and lake if you want) more curvy and less straight, Right click on the FRACTALISE symbol (located on left side toolbar, shows a STRAIGHT LINE to JAGGED LINE) and select the STRAIGHT TO CURVED option. Then select you rivers and select OK. This make them more rounded and not a bounch of straight lines.

For more info on SHEETS and LAYERS chec his link: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...highlight=sort
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Ok guys, Thanks a lot. I appreciate all the advice y'all are giving me. I never knew about freezing layers before, and every time I'd go to change something, it'd change a crapload of other random stuff i didn't want it to. I scaled down an entire landmass thatway accidentally... lol.

I have a question regarding Madgardsomr's advice to scale down my forests, however. Is there an easy way to scale down every symbol I place for a given duration? I tried placing the forests and then scaling them all down at once, but that moves them and they end up on top of other stuff... I know there's an easy fix, but I don't know. it. Thanks in advance!

Yes, there is. Multiple ways actually.

First is to manually do it. With the symbol selected, press & hold the CTRL key. Moving the mouse UP or DOWN will change the size of the Symbol. Of course, this also means that EVERY symbol you select AFTER this scale change will be sized to this new scale (symbols already placed will not change).

To return symbols to their original scale is the second method of scaling. RIGHT+CLICK the mouse will bring up the SYMBOLS PARAMETERS menu. You will see such options as SCALE (X & Y), ROTATION, and other options. (And of course the HELP option ) Of importance here is the SET NORMAL button. Selecting this will return the symbol to it's original (for the map) scale, often this is 1 in the X:Y Scale.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12