Thread: How do I make mountains blend into the grassland in CC3?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not a problem, per se, but I think the forest symbols should be smaller. Maybe 2/3 to half that size, and nestle some right up against the base of some of the mountains.

Also, I forget how to do it, but there's a way to convert the rivers to use rounded corners instead of the sharp ones you've got now. You might also fractalize them one more time. And the coastline, too.

When you're laying in your mountains, be careful not to put two of the same symbol right next to each other. For the most part they look good, but there are a couple of places where I notice the repeats.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

OK, the first thing I see, is some of the mountains that should be 'behind' other mountains are actually in front of them. CC3 works by placing symbols in a TOP -> DOWN/BACK -> FRONT order. To do this quickly, simply FREEZE all layers but the MOUNTAINS layer (where the SYMBOLS for the Mountains should be located. Then from the drop down menus select SYMBOLS -> SORT SYMBOLS IN MAP, then select all the mountains and choose OK. This will allow the software to place the symbols in the TOP -> DOWN/BACK -> FRONT order.

To make you rivers (and lake if you want) more curvy and less straight, Right click on the FRACTALISE symbol (located on left side toolbar, shows a STRAIGHT LINE to JAGGED LINE) and select the STRAIGHT TO CURVED option. Then select you rivers and select OK. This make them more rounded and not a bounch of straight lines.

For more info on SHEETS and LAYERS chec his link: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...highlight=sort
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave