Quote Originally Posted by geamon View Post
If this is with gimp have tried looking at layer modes? it's a nice way of applying textures to lower layers, mix that with layer masking and you can get some pretty nice results. Unsure if that helps. Not sure on your familiarity with the software but if you aren't familiar with masks check this tutorial out. Also I can throw a PDF together to show you some example of the layer modes so you can get a better idea how they work (haven't seen tutorial for the modes yet).
I have a cursory understanding of both layer modes and masks, but admittedly, it's cursory, at best. I'm looking at the tutorial and that stuff seems helpful, but I'm curious if you have any specific suggestions regarding layer modes in mind?

Per the post right above yours, I've added a swamp recently, added some names with some outer glow just to see what they'd look like, added a smaller glow to the roads to ensure that they show through the forest, and I'm likely going to end up trying to change up the terrains/colors on the main part of the body, as well. I'm thinking that I'll use a smaller outer glow on the text, as well.