Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** October/November Lite Challenge - Zooming In Further ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep, sorry. That was a little confusing. The map should be recognisable as one of the silhouettes provided, but as ever the rules are fairly lenient, so as long as you can justify the shapeyou end up with from the ones provided I'm sure it'll be fine.

Also, participation in the previous challenge is not a pre-requisite. I'll reword it to make that clear. Thanks for pointing it out.

GW that comment was a specific response to someone who did enter last month. Dude, you've been around long enough to know that the wording of the challenge was not meant to exclude anyone! But for those newcomers who feel unsure about entering: Go for it!
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Oh, I pretty much figured nobody was meant to be excluded. But newer folk might have interpreted the original wording a different way. In any event, it looks like I might be a go for this challenge, if I can make the time for it and if I can get my idea to pan out the way I envision it. Though, at least for me, it will definitely be a new-old school style of entry and means I'm gonna have to cut waaaaaay back on the coffee. LOL

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

go for it GW, long time since you've entered a challenge
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

So. I had a couple of hours to spare today and was considering trying to follow up my non-entry from last month's challenge (Sanly Bowitz) by detailing the cathedral. I can't seem to open the SVG file, however. Photoshop/Illustrator/Bridge don't recognize the file type at all. When I double-click, Windows says it can't open it and then lets me go to a site to find an app to open it...it says that app is Paint Shop Pro. I happen to have a copy of PSP 9 (still in the box) that I've never installed. Do I have to break it out to open this file? Is there some other way to open it?
    M

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    So. I had a couple of hours to spare today and was considering trying to follow up my non-entry from last month's challenge (Sanly Bowitz) by detailing the cathedral. I can't seem to open the SVG file, however. Photoshop/Illustrator/Bridge don't recognize the file type at all. When I double-click, Windows says it can't open it and then lets me go to a site to find an app to open it...it says that app is Paint Shop Pro. I happen to have a copy of PSP 9 (still in the box) that I've never installed. Do I have to break it out to open this file? Is there some other way to open it?
    M
    Illustrator should be able to open it. Failing that you could try downloading Inkscape and using it to convert to postscript or something else Illustrator ought to recognize.

Weird. You're right. I was trying to open it using the app and having no luck. With AI already open I can use the Place command to bring it in just fine. I guess it's just not a registered file type for some reason. That's odd, though. You'd think that, since it can be opened in AI, Bridge would recognize and display it. Thanks for the help!
    M

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12