Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello out there!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Halo of Gnats View Post
    Disregard my reply from the other thread.

P.S.: Were these pieces created in photoshop?
    Ha! Too late, Tim - I already replied on the other thread.

And yes, everything is in Photoshop. Oh, the layers!
    Thom Ryng

Cruenti Dei Line Editor
    Sardarthion Press

"The real trouble with this world of ours is not that it is an unreasonable world, nor even that it is a reasonable one. The commonest kind of trouble is that it is very nearly reasonable, but not quite." (G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy)

Very nice maps indeed, Thom. It's interesting to have people already making maps coming to the guild and posting their work. Quite often they have an original take on things that eventually subsumes into the collective. I'm probably wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen a map here which is so district rich. Makes perfect sense for a board game of course!

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Very nice maps indeed, Thom. It's interesting to have people already making maps coming to the guild and posting their work. Quite often they have an original take on things that eventually subsumes into the collective. I'm probably wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen a map here which is so district rich. Makes perfect sense for a board game of course!
    Thanks, ravells.

Cruenti Dei is actually a PBeM game. The regions are units of both control and resource production, so there's a lot of data that has to go into each of them. The challenge is always to do that and not make the map look too cluttered.

I don't always succeed. The balance between information and aesthetics is always a fine, fine line.

cheers,

thom
    Thom Ryng

Cruenti Dei Line Editor
    Sardarthion Press

"The real trouble with this world of ours is not that it is an unreasonable world, nor even that it is a reasonable one. The commonest kind of trouble is that it is very nearly reasonable, but not quite." (G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12