Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: October/November Entry : Abbey of Saint-Margaret

For submitting the end result is it acceptable to submit in the form of a layered PDF ? I know thumbnails captures the first page of a PDF so I think the scrapper can pick it up. I'll have to test it, but want confirmation first.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yes, you can submit in a pdf, layered or unlayered. The scraper will pick up the first page.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Awesome that's what I wanted to hear. Here my latest update on this project. Fleshed out most floors, the basement and outside are still placeholders. Next step is adding furniture and objects. The chapel portion is a vaulted ceiling hence why its the same on every floor. Going to try and add some height perspective with the walls I have an idea for this but it will have to wait until the first floor is furnished. On the third floor there is a balcony open to the top of the chapel portion let me know if its working or not. Also haven't fully decided yet but thinking about putting architectural elements like pillars but unsure the best way to do this. Also thinking about doing sectional cut outs of the tree mid trunk/ mid branches/ then top, not sure how this will work out but we will see. Needless to say a lot of work ahead of me to finish this one. As always input always welcome.

P.S. Is there any scripts or add-ons to GIMP to export to a PDF file, more specifically a layered PDF? This would ease the work tremendously if someone is aware of any.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abbey of Saint-Margaret - B1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	30685   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abbey of Saint-Margaret - 1F.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	3.60 MB 
ID:	30687   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abbey of Saint-Margaret - 2F.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	30688   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abbey of Saint-Margaret - 3F.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	30686   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abbey of Saint-Margaret - RF.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	3.54 MB 
ID:	30684  

Last edited by geamon; 11-04-2010 at 03:01 AM.
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

I'm having issues doing the furnishings for the building, I'm trying to make all objects as opposed to importing them and hitting some snags. Anyone know any tutorials or links that can help, hell any tips are welcome.
    Cheers, Julien

I think what you have so far looks very nice!

As for creating furniture, the way I do it it is generally: Make the basic shape on a seperate layer, add a stroke and a slight drop shadow to it. Then I sketch in details and texture with a one pixel brush using my tablet pen. For any bits that stick up or have to stick out on the object, I will do that on a seperate layer with its own stroke.

As for architectural elements, your nave/chancel probably has a nice hammerbeam roof so won't need any pillars. As for the other bits, a good general rule is you want to put pillars to make sections "square" so that the load of the roof is evenly distributed I guess. Perhaps that kinda topic would make for a good tutorial at some point!
    Last edited by Larb; 11-05-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Uhhhh I know that's my problem no tablet. Haha I've been trying something generally along the lines of what your suggesting, unfortunately to poor results.
    Cheers, Julien

After working with my first floor today I was able to get some success on making some objects, I think I'm getting a better grasp on it. Added tree cutaway mid-trunk and pews within the chapel. Let me know what you think. Also messed around with some hueing and made a more Gothic feeling one just for fun which I think I'm going to apply to a later project.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abbey of Saint-Margaret - 1F.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	3.60 MB 
ID:	30759   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abbey of Saint-Margaret - 1F(hue).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	3.33 MB 
ID:	30760  
    Cheers, Julien

Nice job, I like it. For the pews, maybe you could add some variation to the texture? The pews each side appear to be duplicates of each other.

Ave Alcairdazar! Morituri te salutamus! - Hail Alcairdazar! Those who are about to die salute you!

Here's a test on layered PDF's. Let me know if there is any issues opening it.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Abbey of Saint-Margaret.pdf  
    Cheers, Julien

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

very cool - opened the pdf no problem and show/hid layers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast