Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: October/November Entry : Abbey of Saint-Margaret

That works fine. You can peel back each layer to see the next. The roof layer being the last layer on the layer list is kinda counter-intuitive. You need to click on the layers from the bottom to the top to look at the maps from the top to the bottom.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

It's because that's how Adobe has them ordered. It's the reverse of how GIMP and PS organize the layers. Also once added you can't change the order manually aside from re-adding the layers one at a time in the order you want. Not a very intuitive feature for their software in my opinion. Then again I could be doing it all wrong and just don't know how to use the software. Used Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 to make it, didn't know I could get a licensed version from my dad who is a retired community college teacher. The only other thing is dealing with file size seeing as it's five separate images, had to make sure my quality value on saving to .JPEG was lower then I'm used to.
    Last edited by geamon; 11-08-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Sounds like you need to do a bit of extra planning to get it right. My comment regarding the software's quirk was so others could work it our easily. What you have created is tre' cool.

Misunderstanding then, sorry and thank you Aval!
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Added more content. The basement is complete and the first floor is getting there now. Also added titles/labels, unsure if I should number and add a legend for the individual rooms or rooms of interest. If I do add numbering should there be a new set of numbers independently for each room or all part of the series I.E 1-8 for each floor or 1-32 ( numbers are arbitrary) . I had to do some compression on the PDF to make the file meet the size cap for uploading, so let me know if there is any quality issues. Gonna try and hunker down and do at the very minimum one floor a day to ensure this thing gets done. Again any input welcome.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Abbey of Saint-Margaret.pdf  
    Cheers, Julien

This looks good so far geamon. To optimize the pdf size and display of the layers you should reduce each map to monitor dpi ratio, normally 72 with a resolution of let's say 1280x1024. If you would like to print it you can create a different, larger file.

I really really REALLY wanted to finish this in time but it seems life is kick me in the rump. I'm withdrawing my entry. Won't participate in another challenge until the new year. Moving into another country takes precedence. Good luck to the rest of you.
    Cheers, Julien

Quote Originally Posted by geamon View Post
    I really really REALLY wanted to finish this in time but it seems life is kick me in the rump. I'm withdrawing my entry. Won't participate in another challenge until the new year. Moving into another country takes precedence. Good luck to the rest of you.
    This is a perfectly fine entry already. Why not just put it in as is?

PS Godspeed on your move.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123