Thread: Greetings All!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

... and can I just say I love the Borges quote!

t
    Thom Ryng

Cruenti Dei Line Editor
    Sardarthion Press

"The real trouble with this world of ours is not that it is an unreasonable world, nor even that it is a reasonable one. The commonest kind of trouble is that it is very nearly reasonable, but not quite." (G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy)

Hello Thom,

Thank you for the welcome. I'm glad you like the quote; it fits all things we do in life
    with a passion; but in this site, it particularly lends itself to Borges' notions. I've enjoyed looking
    at your Cruenti Dei series; the style is very much likened to 70's political maps I remember as a kid.
    I like the colorization of regions and borders along with the easily understood symbols. The partitioned water
    segments in the first piece remind of a board game. Is that what they're for?

Namasté,
    ~Tim
    Steel engravings, Gothic lettering,
    A bar of sulfur left in a cabinet,
    The heavy tollings of insomnia,
    Sunrises and sunsets and twilights,
    Echoes, undertows, sand, lichen, dreams,
    I am nothing but those images...

The Maker by Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Halo of Gnats View Post
    I like the colorization of regions and borders along with the easily understood symbols. The partitioned water
    segments in the first piece remind of a board game. Is that what they're for?
    Hi Tim,

The maps are for Cruenti Dei, which is a strategic fantasy PBeM I've been running for, oh, several years now.

You can find more here.

It's funny you mentioned those 70's political maps - I think I first got my love of maps by poring over those maps, and the old National Geographic portfolio atlas, when I was a kid. And yes, it was the 70's.

cheers,

thom
    Thom Ryng

Cruenti Dei Line Editor
    Sardarthion Press

"The real trouble with this world of ours is not that it is an unreasonable world, nor even that it is a reasonable one. The commonest kind of trouble is that it is very nearly reasonable, but not quite." (G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy)