Thread: My first try at worldbuilding

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by Troedel View Post
    Actualy I copied the colors used in the wilbur shader to the texture for the greyscale hightmap. Itīs not an exported colored picture, I just got used to the colors starring at them for what felt like hours. Colours have been changed. Colorintensity was taken out but the change isnīt great enough right now to justify a new update on the map. I changed the ocean too because I thought the outer shine was to strong and the border to the deep see too aprupt ( spelling? ) Is there a tuturial around how to make a broken threefold coastline around ( the rings around the islands but with breaks in it )? Iīll try to do some more work tomorrow, until then thanks for the comments.
    i use a gradient ala Ascension (like white, brown green) for a boreal area (or white, brown, dark green, light green, tan, and then revese for a global) but taking the colour right from Wilbur is good to, gives it that proffesional modern look. I like it, and as they said it is a very good map as it is, on thing you got better than me is the low land areas, i get more intence hills which is cool, but for fantasy maps where used to a lot "flat" space and your looks perfectly in the middle.

Good to see another good GIMP mapper!

http://lathorien.deviantart.com/#/d30lbjx
    here is a newer example than the ones here, it shows the rivers cut in. (still improving the rivers)

i will also upload the pictures of the rough grayscale i made in 5 min by hand, and then what it looked like when it came out of wilbur to deviant art too ( i cant stand uploading and attaching files here anymore)
    Last edited by Lathorien; 10-26-2010 at 07:54 PM.