Thread: D&D hiking trip?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I tried something similar to this with a couple buddies 15 years ago when we were in high school. We packed some bread, apples and cheese and loaded them into our rucks along with a bedroll and headed for the trail. It was fun for a while, but then it rained. We ended up calling our parents from a pay-phone to come pick us up.

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
    I trust that you are going to do this as a human of some sort? I could just see someone dressing up as one of the more interesting D&D races and terrorizing the other hikers

911 dispatcher: Hello, what is your emergency?
    Hiker: THERES A CRAZY PERSON DRESSED UP AS A NURGLE RUNNING AROUND THE PARK!!!
    D:

sounds like an interesting idea...
    I don't know, if someone knows what a nurgle is, then I'm sure they wouldn't bother calling anyone as they would know what was up.

Quote Originally Posted by Map Vandal View Post
    I tried something similar to this with a couple buddies 15 years ago when we were in high school. We packed some bread, apples and cheese and loaded them into our rucks along with a bedroll and headed for the trail. It was fun for a while, but then it rained. We ended up calling our parents from a pay-phone to come pick us up.
    If there was a payphone near by, you didn't go hiking!

Quote Originally Posted by Talroth View Post
    If there was a payphone near by, you didn't go hiking!
    It was a little bit of a walk, but we found one. The applachian trail goes through many small towns and parks.