Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
Sorry, it doesn't look anything like me!
Doh! Took a while before I got that... now I feel stupid.

For the benefit of the artists who will eventually be creating the eye candy, you may want to put the legend on the image itself, so they won't have to switch between two documents to interpret it. And use actual samples of the colors in that legend, so it's easy to know which "light green" you mean for the forests.
Yes that is the eventual plan.

There are two cities in the lower third of the map that probably should be connected by a road cutting through the forest. I don't think it is very likely that someone would want to travel straight south, then along that bending road back northward to arrive at a city at the same latitude where they started. Cutting straight through would be at least 1/3 shorter. Also, don't forget that there would probably be well-maintained roads to the border forts.
I am not showing all the roads, that would be madness (maybe a project for once it is finished though.). But you are right, there would probably be an important road connecting those two cities. The problem is it would go trough the center of the forest (like it does with the forest on the right). And the forest in Midgard fights back when attacked in such a fashion. So it would probably take another bloody war Midgard isn't waiting for to get a road trough that forest. The first war (trough the forest on the right) really wasn't worth the trouble according to the historians of Midgard.

It will make for a cool story/adventure though. So when the players finally get to it, their will probably be a road there in the future.