Thread: So, who is doing NaNoWriMo?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I wish I was a writer. I have always thought I should try it and I won first place in a National Wildlife essay contest in High School. They even told me I was going to be a writer some day. I guess writing code is sort of like writing. Only now I'm retired from writing software (more or less) and I'm doing other things. I ought to take a creative writing class and give it a shot or something. I could spend the rest of my days as a scribe...hehe. I do write poems when I get the bug. I also GM my friends in a game world I made up and so I sort of tell stories that way. Who knows, maybe I missed a calling along the way?

I have to say though that I don't really like the name "InNoWriMo". Reminds me of "fashizzle" <-- or whatever that rubbish was/is. Sorry, no offense, but I just think that if you are going to talk around other people they should understand you. So just learn to speak. [I have to be honest and admit this might be a sign of my getting old ]

Edit:
    Thanks for the link to the website, now that I'm reading it I have to admit it does sound like a great challenge and a lot of fun. I just have to decide if I want to blow out the rest of my month attempting something like this. It is a great idea. I'm heading back to read more about it. Even though I'm already behind since it will be the 2nd in less than an hour
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 11-02-2010 at 02:05 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt