Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Non-map art

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks great... I've had a little urge to paint again lately, especially since I got my tablet - just haven't gotten around to it. But I gotta practice A LOT to get near that
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

looks amazing... I wish I knew how to produce that kind of work with my tablet in Photopaint....

you might have already been here, but be sure to check out the conceptart.com forums... there is some amazing talent there as well, and hordes of critics just salivating to critique your work to a molecular level.

Blog Entries

Yeah, and dont forge't their gallery - really awesome stuff over there.

Blog Entries

Hey there.

Recently I've been having a growing desire to paint an actual picture. I tried getting back to my dragon WIP but after changing the look of the dragon entirely I decided the pose was just too static and got a little down on that. So I had an idea for a realistic type painting of a character from an anime film. Unfortunately I had a lot of trouble finding an image with a pose that would suffice so for now that idea, like the dragon, has been put on hold.
    However, whilst searching for reference photos I did find a photo I was really attracted to with the model having bright copper hair and some lovely warm lighting.

So here is my version so far...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Portrait.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	36668

Unfortunately I've run out of time for tonight but I hope to get this done in the next day or two.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks good, man. It looks like she's standing on a beach just staring out at the waves.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I really like the interplay of the warm tones with the white garb and backdrop. Also, fabulous rendering job as well. I haven't touched my paintings since I injured my right hand all those months ago, but you're inspiring me to want to get back to them. Great job!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very nice!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Thanks a lot guys. I do enjoy mapping but occasionally it's just nice to kick back and do something not quite as repetitive.

So, this ain't done yet but I've changed enough to warrant an update I guess. Originally it was just going to be a standard portrait but I wanted to go a bit further and stick with the fantasy elements I had originally kept out of it. I decided to completely redo the body so I needed another reference image. I found a good one of Keira Knightley from King Arthur (which the original stock photo from DA must have been based on) but I had to change her stance a little to make it fit.

Anyway, here is where I am now...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Portrait2.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	289.6 KB 
ID:	36697

Most of the clothing/equipment has been left as a flat base colour for now. And those bits of body that have had some work done still needs plenty of refinement so nothing is really done yet. The Keira image was a completely different lighting/palette so I'm having a tough time adapting it to my warm colour scheme but I am quite hopeful.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Nice... if you ever want some descriptive text, I know I've got some stuff that I could never draw (because I'm terrible at non-technical drawing in general) but I would love to see what an artist could make of them.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast