Thread: Fantasy Town of Population ~5,000

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Great! Have a look at this for starters. Are you OK with the general shape of the town and general number of buildings?

Are there any notable areas (besides the docks) that you would like to see Or are you happy doing those yourself? I highly recommend that you download inkscape. I'm making this in vector and you will be able to edit and move around buildings add labels, make buildings and the roads different colours etc, very easily.

:: edit :: I should add this is a rough outline...I just want to be sure you're happy with the number of houses / distribution / density etc before I clean it up and detail it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	render_01.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	633.8 KB 
ID:	30674  

Wow! Hey, man, that's great. Wasn't expecting anything nearly this soon. Love it already!

The area is under constant monster attacks from the north, so a wall will be needed. There's one road to the east, one to the west, and one to the north (should have said that). It probably needs to be a denser and more huddled to the ocean bay if that's about how many buildings we're going with. Monsters will have laid siege to the town at least two or three times in the last 50 years.

The road leading east leads directly to the capital and the one to the north leads through some rocky hills to a small village. The one to the west leads to another, smaller town.

I really don't have too much in mind for the town. It just kind of needs to serve as a visual reference and placeholder to list different named locations such as the black smith, inn, etc. The only place that's been named so far is The Cracked Mug tavern, a seedy little hole-in-the wall bar.

I'll go ahead and add this to the wiki as a WIP.

Thanks!

I didn't think of it until just now, but there's probably a good chance that there will be a river come in from the north.

I'm trying my darndest to make an overworld map. Here's my thread: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...-RPG-Map/page2

Here's the progress so far: http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...5&d=1288808135

Just FYI, if you look at the large island in the middle, there are two tiny-looking bays on the mainland to the north. Brecconary is on the smaller, eastern one. It's almost right directly above the north-most tip of the large central island.