Thread: Rite Publishing, Kaidan Patronage Project. 1st adventure release in Feb/Mar 2011

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeah congrats. I'm not sure I could work under a patronage project but it sounds like it's going well for you so...that's awesome! Hopefully you get enough patrons to make it happen.
    M

There are elements of Kaidan that's currently etched in stone, the specific mechanics for applying it to the game becomes variable. I write an article on a given element, it is put forward to the forum for discussion, the community gets to vote. However all development is in the hands of the developers. Gold Patrons ($99) get an autographed book, credits in pub, all free bennies, and get to pitch two ideas, subject to developer discretion, and community vote. So while some ideas could get included that I hadn't planned on, the majority of setting development is in the hands of the developers. Me, and Jonathon McAnulty. The truly Japanese aspects, I have relative control, still subject to vote.

While I agree it isn't ideal, Rite Publishing (Quillon on this site) is in the top three of 3pp revenue generators supporting Pathfinder with Open Design Project and Super Genius Games. The marketing assets and exposure level is much greater. In the end, I am still the owner of the setting. So there is a pro staff, and an excellent marketing platform to make the best opportunity for success.

@ Aval - oh, I'm not begging for investors, if anyone's interested the offer is there - that's up to you. I'm really just notifying my status and the status of my projects.

Its exciting and fun! Work though.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 11-03-2010 at 03:13 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Hey, I never said begging! LOL
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..