Hey guys, sorry for my absence busy in projects for work and this cool publication stuff.

Kaidan: a Japanese Ghost Story setting is being both funded and developed by a community of patrons wo participate on a private forum with voting rights and bennies like POD printed book at cost, and varying (paid-for) levels of participation granted participation in art direction, or even pitching two ideas. Free Questhaven PDFs as bonus material, higher level contributors are credited in the publication.

The Patronage began on Oct 2nd and will run until Nov 28 in an effort to collect the intended budget for the 3 part adventure and the setting handbook. As of today, it has reached 51% with just 27 days left to collect funds, before the project can be officially greenlighted for final development and publication.

Last Friday a Kaidan Preview was released as a free download from RPGNow and DriveThruRPG, that gave a teaser - it even got a 4 out of 5 star rating, and it was only a 6 page preview story with map.

What was going to be a 3 book adventure arc has turned into a 96 page single adventure book, with a similar sized setting handbook to follow.

Although I am sure we will hit the budget goal by Nov 28, the project does need more participants to be greenlighted.

Jonathan McAnulty is lead designer and project lead, Quentin Small is Editor, I'm developer, cartographer, art director and layout artist. Kaidan will be an imprint under Rite Publishing under Steven D. Russell.

GP