Thread: Astoundingly Friendly Community

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rail View Post
    .....That, and I couldn't figure out how to curve text in GIMP, though it seemed like there should be a way. It was too advanced for me to figure out on my first map. !
    Firstly, I gotta say say Welcome to the Guild, the Mappiest Place on the web!!

Secondly, have some rep for posting such a nice first map in your intro thread

Thirdly, I believe that the curved text uses Paths (something that I still haven't quite got the hang of yet) and then you have the text follow the Path. I am FAAAAAR from being an expert, but I expect one to show up soon and show me exactly how far off I am

Have fun and post 'em if you got 'em. The earlier in the project the better. You get lots of help that way.

EDIT: had a closser look at the map, and I noticed that you had some bleeding of colors from the land and into the water. Specifically, in the far north west there looks to be some islands very close to the shore, but the water doesn't go between them. Also the inlet heading north towards the Scychian Range has the same problem. One way to avoid this is to create a Mask of either the land or water, and then use that to add (or subtract) the color for the water (or land). Nicely done none the less, and rep well deserved.
    Last edited by Korash; 11-11-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: took closer look at the map
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent