Hello to the Guild!

I honestly can't even figure out how I stumbled across this site yesterday, but I'm glad I did. Like many of you (I think), I'm an active roleplayer, and I've always had a fondness for maps, but have always been pretty incapable of drawing them. At least, drawing good maps. I've known that there is mapmaking software out there, but I've been unwilling to spend the money on them. I do have Photoshop and Illustrator, however, but am pretty much a novice with both. I've looked through some tutorials here and already think that I can up my game and do something good. Hopefully with time, I'll get even better!

I'm still looking around, but so far I'm impressed with the friendliness of members here, as well as the skill level I've seen. That's a good mix and I'm very excited to get involved here. I hope to have something up here within a week. I'm going to do one or two basic maps just to get a handle on some of these techniques, but my first major attempt will be of the setting for the Legend of the Five Rings RPG and CCG, the Empire of Rokugan.