Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Udu, land of the Oogah's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Just so we're clear, I'm not downing your map. I think it's imaginative and creative. But there are some things I think you need to reconsider.
    Oh don't worry, I didn't think you were. I'm happy to answer any questions, and I'm happy for any suggestions and constructive criticism.

Oh, and I just noticed that I didn't respond to everything you said.

You say it's bathed in moonlight, but isn't it underground? Are the "floating wisps of moonlight" generated by something other than the moon?
    Above the Oogah city, there is a hole in the far up in the "ceiling". The Oogahs have a ceremony once a year, where they perform an art created by the Elves. Once a year, the Oogah's perform the ceremony of Memcaeli, to turn the light into clouds, which disperse, filling Udu. It slowly runs out until the next year, when they do the ceremony again.

I find a square to be a very odd shape for a giant, underground cavern. I'd say there would be massive pillars of rock running from the ceiling to the floor as well like when stalagmites and stalactites join as well.
    Oh, there are. Many. I just didn't include them on the map. I requested in OP that my taker include those. And, I don't know where you're getting "square" from. Udu has a rather abstract shape.

What are the mines?
    That would be a massive collection of rock pillars as you mentioned before, which also happen to be rich in metals and rare elements. The Oogah's have mined these pillars (which are very wide) for centuries, giving it it's uneven and cut away look.

You say the Vast is a volcanic wasteland, but how is that much different than anything else?
    Since the vast is the lowest elevation in Udu, it also happens to be the closest to volcanic activity. As such, it is hot, sulfuric, and occasionally has spouts like the bottom of the ocean. This volcanic activity makes the water basin due north warm and swampy. There, things grow because of moisture. But the Vast has no moisture. it is just dry. And, the hot air from the Vast rises and is quickly filled by the heavier and cooler air from farther away, causing unpleasant dust storms.

I'm still waiting for a taker.
    Last edited by Noogah; 11-17-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Well... I could try to do it, but I'm very busy at the moment so don't expect to have it finished in a while. I also think I will do it in a isometric/handrawnish style. The colors don't need to be like they are in the sketch either. The colors is up to you.

[Btw, if you don't want a handrawn map you'll have to wait for the next offer]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sketch.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	816.2 KB 
ID:	31041  
    Last edited by Marken4; 11-21-2010 at 12:59 PM.

That's a brilliant start!

Hand "drawn" is precisely the look I want.

As I said in OP, I'm in no hurry. You can go at your own pace. However, please keep in touch. The last taker just dropped out, and I spent forever trying to contact him, not knowing if he was dead or alive.

So, if you are offically ready to take the task, then I will send you a PM with some information you need to know. There is some stuff I failed to observe in the OP, plus the Oogah script.

Thanks for your time. That really is great looking!

I'm thrilled at what you did with the river. The whole multiple waterfalls thing was actually a specific detail I wanted, and didn't really know how to visualize.
    Last edited by Noogah; 11-22-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Yeah, sure I'm doing it Just send me the information i need.

I guess I'll just start a new WIP-thread in the Dungeonssection. You could follow the progress of the map there I guess

Alright then, cool!

I'll send you that PM soon.

Mods, you can mark this request as taken.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12