Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A trip into the Galaxy: a space map

Default A trip into the Galaxy: a space map

Hi there, this is a map i did during my space art frenesy, i've had a lot of fun drawing the different nebula background, the wip thread is here https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=36888
    hope you'll like it!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GALAXY2.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	92721

Can't rep you again so soon, Francissimo, but this is beautiful

Another awesome space map from you.

Sorry Francissimo, cann't rep you yet either, your doing so many awesome maps lately can't keep up

Incredible! I love the different atmospheres in each solar systems and that black hole.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Rongar's Avatar

Gorgeous. The Ygralian looks oddly pixelated, though, and the curve of its' border frame is a bit asynchronous. Other than that this is top notch. I followed your WIP thread with great interest despite not normally being into space maps. Duly repped.

C'est vraiment superbe ! Les couleurs vives rendent vraiment justice aux dernier clichés de télescopes comme Herschel. Réaliste à souhait

That's really beautiful ! The bright colors really do justice to the latest pictures taken by telescopes like Herschel. Realistic as hell !

Thanks a lot for the rep and comments everyone, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Sorry Francissimo, cann't rep you yet either, your doing so many awesome maps lately can't keep up
    Got quite a lot of ideas lately, inspiration is a fluctating thing coming and going and i've been lucky with that lately, discovering space art really makes me want to mix that with maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rongar View Post
    Gorgeous. The Ygralian looks oddly pixelated, though, and the curve of its' border frame is a bit asynchronous. Other than that this is top notch. I followed your WIP thread with great interest despite not normally being into space maps. Duly repped.
    Yep, was a bit lazy with the ship, i found out a cool pic and just reworked it a little before integrating it into the map. It's a small regret about this project, but at that point i already wanted to go into a new map so i took the easy and quick way

Excellent map, Francissimo! Each star system is gorgeous and the galaxy view is superb. I love the numerous SF references (a lot of Dune, a bit of Homeworld, and I may have missed some ).

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Excellent map, Francissimo! Each star system is gorgeous and the galaxy view is superb. I love the numerous SF references (a lot of Dune, a bit of Homeworld, and I may have missed some ).
    Thx Ilanthar About planet names i also picked a few ones from the books Hyperion Cantos and the video game privateer 2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast