Probably should have put an emoticon in there somewhere. But as I said, it is a major problem. I don't mind some lapses in research and I make more than my share of errors; nobody is perfect - but ouch, calling a state the new weimar republic? And having it coexist with the "greater german reich"? Let's see.

The Third Reich was only made possible by the fall of the previous republic, i.e. the Weimar Republic. You couldn't really have both - it's one or the other. You could, I guess, create an althistory where the outcome of WW2 was a stalemate rather than a clear victory on teither side, and divide Germany along an occupied area, and a remnant of the Reich. The occupied area may, eventually, turn into a sovereign Republic again, but you'd have to really construe strange circumstances for one to assimilate the other.

But even *IF* you manage that, there's one huge snag. The name "Weimar republic" was not the name of the German democratic state before the Third Reich. That, too, was just simply the German Reich. Historians later gave it the name Weimar Republic because the assembly to establish the constitution was held in Weimar. It's like calling the US interstellar colonial empire the "New Philadelphia Republic". Yeah, has a great ring to it, eh?

Or in other words: It's the political/historical equivalent of a river running across the Himalayan Mountains to connect the Baltic Sea to the South China Sea.