Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erathion [WIP World Map]

Quote Originally Posted by Marken4 View Post
    If you keep that style for the rest of the world this will look amazing at the finishing line
    Well that's the most difficult part then isn't it? That's why I work so slowly, so that I can pay attention to the details for whatever section of the map I'm working on...and if I'm not in the mood, I won't do anything, otherwise I'll starting cutting corners.

Blog Entries

Map is looking really great, Ex and I love those little flags by the cities - taking note of that particular technique.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

This is quite nice, quite nice indeed my friend. Specially that the land mass seems kinda familiar yet foreign. And the style you use is very beautiful. Keep up the good work and keep updating

Hey this is coming along great. Keep up the good work like everyone is saying and this is going to be simply awesome.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 11-22-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: on account of a horseshoe nail
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Hey everyone, thanks for all the commentary.

@Ramah
    By all means! I'd be honored if a small idea of mine made it into maps as great as yours.

@Nimatzo
    My model for the landmasses was Europe/Asia/Africa so I'm glad you can see the similarities but still think that it feels unique...that's my goal.

I'll leave you to find what's new. I'm considering expanding the southern continent more towards the south so it disappears off the map. It would be an additional "unknown" region that a sea route has not been discovered around, making land routes through the center of the map more important (Silk Road kind of deal). Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the "Crescent of Ishtar", I may end up redoing them...

I'm heading home for the holiday this week so I'll be away from my desktop for a few days, talk to you all soon.

The map is fantastic! I think that this should be a featured map when it is finished.
    Induite vos armaturam Dei
    Ephesians 6:11

Now the big question for a beginner like me is, where can I find a tutorial to use this beautiful style? Really though I would love to experiment with this style.

Looks great so far! I especially like the very subtle icons in the ocean. It looks like the clock in the sea of time was accidentally dragged off center of the rest of itself. Can't wait to see more.
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

This style looks loosely like a hybrid of Tear and Pasis so run those tuts a few times then you'll have an understanding of what the differences are.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12