Thanks for the advice--

I didn't think to do use the building shading, mostly because I want to make it easier to change the building color "whole sale" in photoshop later anyway, but in retrospect that was probably a mistake.

I do need to fix the river....Not quite sure how. Maybe add a filter layer and simply tone down some of the white / contrast?

I also think I need to move the wall in. Having visited a couple of actual "walled" European cities, the walled area / enclosure usually focuses on a small district, usually centered on the center of worship and government (read: royal) dwellings, while the rest is "open" city area. This is supposed to represent an area approximately 2 miles across, and I don't know that anyone would build a city wall that large to enclose that much city. Plus as mentioned, the "squareness" of it feels unnatural. The street flow seems to work pretty well, but "boxing" it into the walls kind of kills that organic feel a bit. So maybe do a more arc enclosure closer to the center of the city would fix that problem too.

Oh, and the trees----THANK YOU THANK YOU, I was wondering how to actually make it so the tree edge doesn't just "fall off" into space, and make it look like they were floating.

Thanks for the tips. I can't believe how blasted addicting this hobby is. =)

Nothing another 6 hours can't fix, right? LOL