Thread: Object images used in WotC's VTT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know the stuff they talked about creating had 3D characters - which you could pull from your character sheet, with options of changing just about anything and stuff like turning the hands to hold the weapon differently (they wrote that in Dragon), and the "early demo" they showed looked really cool. However, one has previously been dissapointed by the final product when any company promises something.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Sorry, I should have posted a link. I haven't seen much actual information but I do know that it is not 3D and will not, at least initially, link to CB or Compendium. Nor has a pricing structure been determined. Personally, I think they bought a VTT and are customizing it.

I'm hoping though that the license for the object images (bookcases, tables, etc) will be under a less restrictive license. As I understand the current license, It would not even allow a user-created map containing those pieces to be displayed on a website ("publicly displayed").

I'm hoping to start producing free battlemaps for download and can always use more artwork. I have CSUAC, SMAC, and a great deal more but does anyone ever have enough?

For those who want to look at screen shots of the VTT, go to http://www.enworld.org/index.php?page=news and page down to last Thursday's news.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project