Thanks for all the great points and comments.

I was working from a drawing provided so I haven't added anything other than the few items you see tossed in (chests, crates, casks, hammocks and doors). I was thinking about that Captain's bed but I haven't drawn one yet. I think a 4 corner post bed for him

The lower level does squeeze in from the main deck (about 2.5' on each side) but I didn't change the upper decks at all (which matches the sketch). Maybe I should have mentioned I was provided an initial drawing that I used for the layout.

How wide can the steering wheel be? I can make it 10' across. As far as connecting it to something well, I guess I could try but I thought to leave as many grid squares as possible so it's more fun as a battlemap which is the main purpose. It is kind of small to begin with. Is it better to have that kind of detail or to leave the map uncluttered for VTT and miniature play?

Another thing that was kind of on my mind was the lack of a head. I guess they can let fly over the sides, lol. Still I agree it's not much for accuracy as far as all the little details. This is for a battle that takes place on the ship so I hope they will be more concerned with survival.

If I can add some of the details you all have mentioned it would probably make the thing more useful to a broader range of folks. I have a deadline on this but that doesn't mean I can't continue adding to it.

Oh and as far as how rooms are set up, that will be up to the GM. All the items are provided as separate objects that can be placed wherever wanted. So, if I do the Captain's bed for instance, it can be placed anywhere.

Thanks again for the comments. I'll post more when I get something completed.